Saturday, March 12, 2011

This Was So Much Fun


Hi Everyone,

Okay - it's me again - Crist. Since this blog is directly related to what I experienced, I thought it would be better if I did the sharing this time.

As we've mentioned before, every Tuesday afternoon I'm part of a mens' Bible Study in the village. We can have anywhere from 7 to 13 (this includes Will and I from B2B staff) young men and most of them work at the car wash. I love this Bible Study and seeing how the Word of God is beginning to come alive in their hearts. They have begun to ask many faith, life and Bible questions and it's such an encouragement to me to see their faith growing.



Recently we received donations from the states of several pairs of used soccer shoes/cleats. Many in the Bible Study also are part of the village football (soccer) team and after Bible Study this past Tuesday, Will allowed those who are on the football team to look and see if they could find a pair of shoes that would fit them. It was like watching "kids in a candy store." There were smiles and laughter everywhere and each would hold up their feet to show the others their
newfound treasures. This is such a "little" thing to those of us from the U.S., but to these young men it was truly like a gift from God.
"Thank You Lord for allowing me to be a part of your perfect plan for these few. Continue to grow in each of them a desire to know you better. Protect and watch over of them and allow them to become leaders and men of God in their village." Amen
In-joy,
Crist and Eileen


No comments:

Post a Comment