Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy/Sad

Hi Everyone,
I can't be at the rocks today, but I needed to see them anyway because they bring tranquility to my soul and I figured you would like to see them again anyway - grin! These days, Crist and I are both feeling such mixed emotions. We'll be leaving in five weeks and I have to be honest with you - we're very excited about returning home to our friends and family and the familiar. But, we're leaving behind wonderful new friends, a growing, busy ministry and a land filled with hidden beauty and beautiful skies.
Let me share with you some of the things we're going to miss when we leave:
  • Who would have thought that we'd miss one day big boulders/rocks? But we will!
  • I'm going to miss the twenty or thirty little lizards that live around our apartment. They're just so cute with all the different colors on their bodies.
  • We're going to miss all of the B2B staff that have begun to feel like "family" to us. What a great group of people God has assembled here to do His work in Nigeria.
  • I'm going to miss the six months of almost perfect weather - not a cloud in the sky - and gentle breezes and sometimes not so gentle breezes.
  • We're going to miss seeing cattle grazing alongside the roads and sometimes even in the roads!
  • I'm going to miss Kenny, Joe, Daniel, Hope, Suzanne, Ochachee, Lucky, Esther, Abigail, Claire and all the caregivers at OLA. They will all remain in our prayers.
  • Our ECWA Village Church and the women singing each Sunday, and the drums and joy as they worship.
  • I will miss the BEAUTIFUL, colorful clothing that the women wear each day.
  • I will miss the quiet evenings with Crist - every evening! A wonderful, slower pace.
  • The filled streets and markets and the peacefulness of the village at dusk when people are out cooking and fellowshipping with one another.
  • We will miss have Corrie and John, Sarah, Gus and Sami living five feet from us - we really will!
  • All the village children - each and every one of them.

I feel like I could go on and on with this list. God is blessing us here in Nigeria......but we're excited to be going home! Such a contrast of emotions.

In-joy,

Eileen and Crist
"Lord, if Your presence does not go with us, do not lead us up from this place." Exodus 33:15



No comments:

Post a Comment