Monday, January 17, 2011

Alphonsus's Own Story of God's Transforming Power


Hi Everyone,

I know I told you that we'd have more blogs on the Education Center's Dedication Celebration.....but......Alphonsus gave the below testimony to Crist this morning and we just had to share with you all. Alphonsus is our ministry driver and he and Crist have been meeting weekly for Bible Study and prayer. He has become a trusted friend and we care about him deeply. Here in his own words is what he gave to Crist this morning:

"One of the benefits of getting older is that you can look back and see just how far you have come since your youth. Looking back on my life, I would have never thought that I would be where I am today. I come from a broken home; an alcoholic, womanizing father who was violent towards my mother and his children, a mother who was depressed, and siblings who coped by taking drugs and doing other wrong behaviors.

My relationship with Christ has dramatically transformed my life: I am not the fearful, complaining, and unloving person that I once was because of my childhood. The Lord has washed away my fear and replaced it with confidence as I have learned to trust Him for tomorrow. He has taken away my complaining spirit as I have seen His care and his desire to sanctify me through the circumstances of my life. And finally, as I have become aware of the grace He has poured out on me, my desire to serve Him and love others has increased.

Seeing the changes the Lord has accomplished thus far in my character, I am hopeful that in another forty years or so, Christ will at last present me spotless to His Father, my Father."

I don't need to add a thing except "Amen!"
In-joy,
Eileen and Crist

2 comments: