Sunday, November 28, 2010

Project Runway




Hi Everyone,
Over the last few weeks, I've been trying to take pictures of Nigerian women that I see so that I could show you how beautiful the Nigerian dresses are. These pictures are of all walks of life, but I must admit, there are no pictures of the wealthy women' dresses. There are some Sundays when we are driving to church and you can see EVERYONE walking to church alongside the road there are some absolutely STUNNING dresses with their head wraps. There are many dresses worn here for church in Nigeria, that our daughters would wear to their proms. Some are glitzy and shiny and some just elegant and beautiful. I'm hesitant to just "snap" a picture - but before we leave to return to the states, I'll try to get some pictures of that type of dress.






We had an outreach yesterday afternoon from 2 until 4:30 for the widows in the village. It went so well. I'll share about that in the next blog. All I know from what we can see after living here for seven months is that the Nigerian woman has a very very hard life in the village. After listening to the 37 women yesterday that came to our "forum" - my heart aches for each and every one. There is a BIG gap between the upper class and the village women - a HUGE gap.


We want to help bridge that gap. We want to be a friend and their sisters in Christ. Listening to their stories yesterday sure makes me thankful that this is not our "forever home."










I think I just digested the last of our Thanksgiving dinner a few minutes ago. grin
In-joy,
Eileen and Crist


No comments:

Post a Comment