Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Picture Says A Thousand Words


Hi Hi Everyone,
Well, yesterday morning we had twenty-five, 9th and 10th graders from Hillcrest come and do a service outreach at the Education Center. They were a good group - hard working (for the most part - afterall, we are talking about teenagers - grin) and very much wanting to serve. John had alot of projects for them to start and some projects to complete. Some painted the water tower; some painted the first coat of paint on the ceilings of the two rooms at the center; some dug a ditch and laid some wires and then covered up the hole. Some pulled nails from pieces of wood so the wood could be recycled; some worked in the "donation room" at the VC sorting through donations and putting some order to it all (that was my group) and some walked around picking up debris and papers etc. to make the property look clean.

How about those rocks in the above picture (have I told you before how much I love those rocks - grin) of course, the kids had to climb the rocks and see the view from up there. Each time the rocks are climbed, I say a pray that no one will fall and hurt themselves. No one did!


And, of course, anytime we do a project at the Education Center, within minutes the children begin to arrive. By the time the morning was over, I would say we had around 20 children watching and playing. And, of course, like every other time that Crist and I are doing physical labor - we went to bed early - grin!








Chat with you soon!
In-joy,

Eileen and Crist

2 comments:

  1. Hi Crist & Eileen - you guys look so at home! I love reading on here when I can.
    Love & Miss You, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the painting picture.... they look a mess, but having fun.

    ReplyDelete