Friday, July 23, 2010

Rock Reminders


Hi Everyone,
"The Lord is my Rock my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation." Psalm 18:2
This rock is my favorite rock. It's almost on the B2B property by the village and looks to me almost like a spinning top. It sits on an angle and somebody please tell me - HOW COME IT DOESN'T FALL OVER?
I mention this rock because I'm feeling somewhat discouraged today and I just need to be reminded once again of my Rock, and why we're here in Nigeria.
Last Friday evening, our pastor (Pastor Dauda) and his wife, Ladi were riding on their only mode of transportation - a small motorcycle - and they were on their way home. A car hit them and left them both in the middle of the road. The driver took off, never to be caught or held accountable. No police got involved - you're on your own! Someone took them to the nearest hospital which was in Bossa. Pastor Dauda came home from the hospital on Wednesday using a cane and VERY VERY sore and very frail looking Crist and I thought. Ladi had a deep, long cut on the sole of her left foot which required many many stitches so they won't release her until they take the stitches out on Tuesday. All of this requires money that this humble couple does not have, plus their motorcycle is badly damaged.

These two pictures above are of the hospital (yes indeed!). The one on the left is the hospital entrance and the other picture is the corridor you walk down as you continue inward. There are probably less than 20 beds total and the entire interior was dark, dark, dark. There was no electricity so you just put up with the darkness. Family members essentially take care of the patients, bringing in their food and bed sheets etc. Crist and I visited twice and it just makes us sad. How can one nation have sooooo much and another nation have so little?
Please keep Pastor Dauda and his wife, Ladi in your prayers, okay? They're a lovely couple and our brother and sister in Christ.
In-joy,
Eileen and Crist
P.S. It's been raining two days straight - a cold chilly rain - and we're on our 4th day without electricity. Many things contribute to the discouragement, huh?

3 comments:

  1. can we send you guys the money for a new motorcycle and hospital bills? If so hiw much and we will deposit it in your acct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a way cool rock.
    Rough looking hospital, we've seen those before. I know you want to do more, but remember, God calls us "to do what we can do", we can't fix everything everywhere, just the little part He gives us to do! Lift up your eyes from whence your help comes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Standing on the Rock (way cool rock) God's promises are yes and amen, He is Jehovah Jireh the provider. I stand in agreement with you for healing and a finacial blessing.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete