Monday, July 12, 2010

A Day with the OLA Kids

Hi Everyone,
This past Saturday, we had an outing with the OLA children. This was for the children not in diapers. We had originally planned to have a swimming party, but we woke up Saturday to a cool, overcast day so changed our plan quickly. We picked up the kids, packed lunches, and went to the Viewing Center (OCC - Oasis Community Center) where we showed some cartoons (which the kids loved), ate lunch and then for the fun part - we let them loose!!
We brought water squirt guns and gave them to the kids and just let them run around and be children. And, of course, they all climbed the rocks (and, of course, led by Crist). I stayed behind. I could barely watch as the children, in their flip flops, climbed those high rocks enjoying every minute of this new adventure for them. At the Children's Home they are in a confined area (the hospital/home compound) so to see them running and jumping and just playing hard was a well-spent afternoon.


I include these pictures of the "rocks" because there is something so beautiful about them. The rocks below are some of my favorite. Just look at them for a minute. Don't they look like a big puzzle with all the pieces fitting in perfectly? God's Word said "that the rocks will cry out" declaring the glory of God - it really is true - I see God everywhere in the rocks!


As you can see below, the day wouldn't be complete without Crist and I having our own water-gun fight. I even had to take out my hearing aid because I was getting so wet. But, I'm sure I won! grin

Abigail in the below picture is the nicest woman. She is 40 years old and has been at the Children's Home since she was 10 years old. The children love her and she has the sweetest disposition. She and I stayed behind while the kids were rock climbing and I noticed she watched all the children very carefully the whole time. At the end of our time togethr at OCC, we all sat upon one of the smaller rocks and had our picture taken. Young and old alike - smiles everywhere - a good day for all!!! (Of course, Crist and I were in bed by 8 that night - grin - just kidding!)

This is Daniel and I sitting together watching a cartoon. There's something about a child resting against you in trust that warms your heart.

In-joy,
Eileen and Crist




2 comments:

  1. WOW! These are great pictures and love the story! What a neat thing to do! So simple but so powerful!! Miss you guys!
    Leusink family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great postings! Almost feel like I've been there, I guess, really I have, through your eye's.
    Anyway, Thanks for the pictures and the stories!

    Tony and Donna

    ReplyDelete