Thursday, February 10, 2011

Women of Faith

Hi Everyone,
I don't have a picture today. Corrie took a picture of all of the women in the Thursday morning Women's Bible Study, but I don't have it, so I'm just gonna share a little bit of what's happening within the hearts of our group.

There are six Nigerian women that come and four of us B2B staff members. We meet for 1 1/2 hours at Corrie's place each Thursday morning and we're studying the life of David; his anointing, his transformation and his redemption with a Beth Moore format of listening to a CD of the lesson and then discussion and then homework from a workbook we are each given. This morning was our third week and we have four more weeks to go.

Every single time we have met, the Holy Spirit moves me in some way. I am struck once again of God's love for His children. We women have all similar stories in regard to our families, husbands, ministries etc., but for the Nigerian women, they come into their faith journies with many cultural things against them. Men and women and husbands and wives here don't relate to one another as they do in the U.S. - conveniences we take for granted in the U.S. are not even in the picture here - finances and/or the lack of them are almost always something to deal with - legalism in the churches that keep you always feeling like you're not measuring up - these are things that our Nigerian women friends are struggling with and God is faithful with each and every one.

Each week I listen as they poignantly share their struggles and how God is uplifting them and encouraging them and how they are growing and their life situations improving. I feel so humbled to be a part of this group and to strive in my own life to become the woman of faith that the Lord is growing me to become. How dare I complain when my little petty inconveniences put me in a bad mood. Shame on me that I have made my God so small in my own eyes that I can't trust Him enough to find victory in a problem. My Nigerian friends struggle with things I will probably never have to experience because of my birth country. But each of us women, with whatever sin struggles we may have - we all serve and love the same Savior! I'm in awe of His lovingkindness!

"In all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him Who loved us." Romans 8:37

In-joy,
Eileen and Crist

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Saturday night (Feb 12), our church is announcing our sponsorship of a well to go on the SSE / B2B property. I would like to show them a view of the property on Google Earth but I need the GPS coordinates to do so. I'm asking everyone I can in hopes of getting the info before Sat night.
    Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. -Ray Strecker
    Vineyard Church Northwest, Cincinnati, OH. My email is rstrecker@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete