Saturday, February 12, 2011

Prayer Walking

Hi Everyone,
This is Crist. I know, I know - Eileen ALWAYS writes the blogs, but since this blog pertains to someting I did, she insisted that I write it. So, here I am!
When we first moved to Nigeria and became involved in Kisayhip Village, I used to prayer walk around the village, but it's been a while now since I've done it and the Lord has been convicting me that this is something He wanted me to do once again.
Yesterday was a beautiful day - very hot - but with a nice breeze and no clouds in the sky - so a good day for a walk. The top picture is the village (or part of it) from a distance. I started out from the Oasis Center and began walking. The Lord provided me with lots of different prayer prompts. I passed cattle, goats, crops and some people along the way and I prayed for them all. The ECWA Church we attend most Sundays is in the process of building a larger church, and one of the pictures above is of their new foundation for the sanctury. I visited with Pastor Dauda's wife, Ladi (Pastor Dauda was away) and the Catholic church's pastor's mother, Olet (Catachist Simon was away also) - but these two women are great women of God and it was a privilege to pray with them both.
As I was returning back the way I came, I encountered this man on his roof doing repair work and I stopped to chat and pray with him and two family members of his. Further along the way I saw some men under a tree relaxing enjoying each other's company so decided to join them for a little bit and asked if I could take a "snap" (take a picture) of them.







I felt God's blessings on me as I walked along. I don't know why it took me so long to get back into doing what I enjoy so much - prayer walking!
For those who are reading this blog, we covet your prayers for Kisayhip Village. There is much spiritual warfare occurring and we want so much for them to be set free from the enemy's bondage.
Philippians 4:6 says, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."
In-joy,
Crist and Eileen

1 comment: