Monday, December 13, 2010

"These Are A Few of My Favorite Things" (come on hum along)

Hi Everyone,

I was just looking through some of our pictures, and thought I would show you a few of our favorite things. But....you have to get into the right frame of mind. Remember that famous song from the movie, Sound of Music - "These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things"? Okay, start humming that song. I actually tried to make up a poem using those lyrics, but it just wasn't flowing very good. So, your humming will just have to do.


The list could have gone on and on - but these are just A FEW of the things we love here. Of course, THE ROCKS! And little Lucky at the left and Daniel and Joe below.





Ocachee is to the right and you gotta love those lizards that are everywhere, right?













And we love the flowers that are blooming now around our compound. But we love also our children and grandchildren and each and every person here on staff. Then there are, of course, Alphonsus and Atukum and Hosea and Dan and Eveyln and little Daniel. Our list gets longer and longer. We have many "favorite things" here in Nigeria. Okay, you can finish humming now. I think "favorite things" is synomonous with things/people we are thankful for. It still doesn't "feel" like Christmas here, but our hearts are thankful!


In-joy,

Eileen and Crist

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eileen & Crist, I read something this morning that I wanted to share with you because I instantly thought of you two and Corrie & John: "The missionary enterprise is not th echurch's afterhought, it is Christ's forethought." Everyone keeps telling us to not focus on the 'things' that we surround ourselves with Christmas but to focus on Christ, I have found that difficult not to 'feel'. But I read this morning and thought about where, in all this pain, my mission field might be hidden right now but I know that you two and your children and grandchildren are an inspiration. A distant part of my life that helps me look for my mission, even in this time of pain and hurt. Thank you all of you for making Christ first even if it doesn't feel like it right now Christmas is very much where you are. Love Theresa

    ReplyDelete