Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Day of Rest

Hi Everyone,
I'm not sure why, but in the past I have been hesitate to blog about anything other than things we are doing ministry-wise. But that's kind of one-sided, I decided. I think we all do work pretty hard but there are some days when we just "chill." Today was one of those days, AND WE LOVED IT! Not too far from us is a hotel called LaMonde and they have a pool. For $5 each, you can swim and just hang out. They have a little eating place so you can order french fries, minerals (Diet Coke, Sprite, etc.) and a few other snacks.
Corrie called this morning and said did we want to pack a lunch and go with them and a few others to the LaMonde to swim? We said "sure" and off we went. The water was so COLD, brrrrr. But once you were in for a few minutes it began to feel good. Crist and I brought a book to read and so we spent the morning and early afternoon eating, playing in a pool and talking with each other. It was so relaxing and was good for us to get away and just do nothing. Thank You Lord for pools in Jos, Nigeria!
Chat with you soon!

In-Joy,
Eileen and Crist

I'm taking this Scripture out of context, but thought it fit for our day. "But now the Lord my God has given me rest on every side, and there is no adversary or disaster." I King 5:4

No comments:

Post a Comment