Wednesday, September 22, 2010

More Team Adventures!

Hi Everyone,

This is the second of three blogs on some of things our last work team did while they were here. There is never an ending to the work that can be done, so the leadership pick ministry work sites where the need is more immediate and where a team can best serve together.

Did you see Crist up on that ladder at RCH? The men were mostly up in the attic area stringing electrical wires that some of us women (see picture above) were putting together according to length. That's Jason the Director of B2B Nigeria helping us out. We were only there for two or three hours but we felt alot was accomplished. RCH was established by the Nigerian man, Israel and his German wife, Katerina (remember me telling you before a little about them?). They are working totally on faith for God's provision in every step of the construction process of their Children's Home. We're glad God is able to use B2B in helping them.

As we were working outside with the wires, I went inside to get a tool and look and see what I encountered. A goat!!! How many American work sites do you know of that goats wander in and out and their leisure? You never know what to expect here in Nigeria.

One morning while the team was here - we, of course, took everyone to "the rocks" so they could climb and just enjoy the view from the top. Yep! You guessed it - I stayed behind to pray and watch - grin. As I was sitting there, little Mary came with her baby brother on her back and she was heading for the rocks to climb with the others. I called out to her and asked her to come stay with me. Her little brother was very loosely wrapped on her back and she had flip flops on her feet and it just didn't look like a healthy situation to me. So she stayed with me and I took some pictures of her and her friend. Children LOVE to have their pictures taken, don't they? Corrie informed me afterwards that Mary and her little brother have climbed the rocks many times before - yikes!

It's been nice this week to kind of "catch up" once again and stock up on groceries, do some computer work etc. This afternoon I'll be going with Corrie to go to OLA and love on those babies and children there. There's nice rythem to the days as we prepare for the next team to come next week.
Proverbs 10:4 says, "Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth." I guess we're wealthy people - yahoo!!!
In-joy,
Eileen and Crist



1 comment:

  1. Crist and Eileen,
    It sounds like you have a whole village of adopted grandchildren! I enjoy following your posts. When you get a chance email me an update. (billfuller@gracechurchsp.org)

    ReplyDelete